Calida Care – proud to be a Dignity Champion
Launched in November 2006, the Dignity in Care campaign is nothing new, yet dignity in care remains as relevant and as important today as it has ever been.
Calida Care is proud to be a Dignity Champion and to encourage, develop and embed the Dignity Do’s in our support, care and relationships. The 10 Dignity Do’s are:
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
- Respect people’s right to privacy
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners
- Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self-esteem
- Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation
Read more about this worthwhile, ongoing campaign on the Dignity website.