Visiting Care offers you the support you need, when you need it, in your own home. Available for a minimum of 30 minutes, our carers can support you from as little as once a week up to several times a day
What is Visiting Care?
At the time of your choosing, our friendly carers will visit you at home and provide you with the support you need.
The comprehensive services we offer include:
Home Help visits
Home help provides you with support to keep on top of daily household tasks and general housekeeping, so that your home environment remains clean, safe and as you like it.
Home help can include:
- Meal preparation
- Emptying & taking out the bins
- Support with your pets
- Laundry & ironing
- Changing beds and linen
- Daily tidying & washing up
Companionship care aims to alleviate loneliness and reduce isolation, and this can be as simple as having our carer visit to share a chat and cup of tea with you. Our carers can also help with the following:
- Take you out to do shopping
- Arrange & accompany you to appointments, events, social occasions and outings
- Participate with new hobbies and the interests and pastimes you enjoy
Personal Care visits
Whether you need minimal assistance or full support, our trusted carers are available to help with your personal routines and hygiene including:
- Washing, bed washes, having a shower, or bathing
- Oral hygiene
- Personal grooming including shaving
- Toilet assistance and incontinence care
- Dressing and undressing
- Applying creams and lotions
- Support with mobility and the use of mobility equipment
Visits to assist with morning and evening routines
Having an extra bit of support with your morning and evening routine, as follows, can make a huge difference to your day:
- Personal care
- Assisting you in and out of bed
- Support with your morning and evening personal care needs
- Checking your home is safe and secure at night including closing your curtains, making sure windows are closed and doors are locked
- Administration of medication
Taking medication correctly is very important and our carers are fully trained to safely manage, monitor and administer your medication during their visits.
Practical support with meal preparation and cooking
Overnight sleep-in’s for night support
An overnight support service suitable for those who may need assistance only once or twice during the night; the carer will sleep overnight in your home and be on hand to support you on these occasions.
Waking night support
For those who need more comprehensive night support, you will benefit from having a Carer in your home from 10pm to 7am, on-hand to support you.
Respite care is the ideal option for when you find yourself needing support that you do not usually require and most often, we are asked to provide respite for the following reasons:
- When support is needed on discharge from hospital
- Post-operative support at home
- Unexpected illness, or a short-term deterioration in health due to sickness or infection
- To provide a confidence boost after illness or even a bad fall
- Family members and loved ones who act as informal carers needing extra support, time to rest or take a holiday